Integral part of running your own vending machine business is your laptop or desktop. All the important files are stored in the laptop and the scehdule of various locations and commissions.
Simple You Tube shows you exactly what to do for only $29.10! Save $180!
Since last month when im using my laptop for about 15 minutes and up the bottom is getting hot.
At times when it is plugged downstairs in my small office table where it is colder the fans is activated and there seems to be no problem.
At times when im briging it upstairs and do some work on my lap, it suddenly shutsdown after a duration of about 15 to 20 minutes even thou i can hear the coling fans running.
Here is a step by step instructions on how to fix overheating and sudden shutdown on your laptop for $29.10
Remove the screws at the bottom of your laptop
Open the back cover of your laptop
disconnect the connector from the battery to the mainboard
remove the screws of the fans and heatsink
prepare the compressed air can
use the air duster compressed air can to clean all the debris and dust that was accumulated over the years, see pictures below on before and after cleaning
Above picture shows : I went to Best Buy to buy the compressed air can and thermal grease compound for only $29.10
Picture above shows that the ventilation is blocked by accumulated dust and cooling fans.
Picture above shows that you have to disconnect the cooling fan to the mainboard so that you can bring all the cooling fan and heat sink for cleaning outside your house for cleaning on compressed air
Bring the cooling fan outside your house and use compressed air can to clean out all the dust
Picture above shows that the cooling fans and clean after using compressed air can
Picture above before cleaning the vents which a build up of dust
Make sure that you use the compressed air can to clean everything
Picture above shows : very clean cooling fan after using compressed air can
Get a couple of tissue napkins to wipe out old thermal compund grease residue on the heatsink and CPU and GPU
Picture above shows a coupld of napkins
Prepare alcohol to be used in conjunction with the napkin to clean the heatsink, CPU and GPU on the old thermal grease compound
clean the remaining thermal grease on the heatsink, cpu and gpu
Above picture shows that the CPU and GPU cleaned
Picture above just put a small amount on top of the CPU and GPU as shown
Picture shows the application of the thermal grease compound on the CPU and GPU. As you may have noticed the CPU and GPU are just right beside each other.
Assemble back the cooling fan and heatsink on the laptop
Picture above shows that the cooling fans and vents are super clean from dust
Make sure that the cooling fan and heat sinks screws are palced back into its original locations
Picture above shows that you have to properly find all the screws to the heatsink and cooling fan
Plug back the cooling fan cable to the mainboard
Plug back the laptop battery to the mainboard
Cover up the laptop
Test the laptop
Some information that you may find useful
Laptop Overheating Due to Internal Hardware
It is a well known fact that when your laptop overheats due to internal hardware problem, you can easily fix it on your own without much hassle. However, there are many people who are very much frustrated at the fact that they were not able to find any solution for their laptop overheating because of internal hardware problem. But if you are one of them, I will give you some tips on how to solve it easily without going to a repair center. If you have a laptop with a new motherboard, then it will definitely be easy to fix.
- The first thing that you need to do is to check the power supply.
- If you find that the power supply is not functioning properly, then you need to replace it.
You need to connect the power to the motherboard with the help of a jumper. This jumper can be either found under the laptop or inside the casing of the laptop. You need to ensure that all of the connections are perfect. After the connections are perfect, you need to unplug the power from the motherboard. After this, you need to disconnect the battery, if any. Now, remove all the screws, bolts, and wires from the motherboard. When all of these are removed, you need to pull the motherboard away from the laptop body.
After removing the motherboard from the laptop, you should carefully remove the laptop casing. If your laptop has an integrated memory, then it will need more effort in order to remove the memory. If your laptop has a hard drive, then all you need to do is to unplug it from the computer and then pull it out. Now, all that remains is to open the laptop case. When opening the laptop case, you need to make sure that you unplug the monitor, keyboard, and other important electronic gadgets. All these devices can cause unnecessary power drain, which can damage your laptop. If you find that any of these gadgets is not functioning properly, you need to replace them as soon as possible.
Laptop Overheating Due to Inadequate Airflow
Laptop overheating is one of the biggest problems that all of us have to deal with at some point in time, so if you’re tired of waiting for your system to get back up after a long hours of use then the problem may be one of the reasons why.
There are many different things that you can do to stop it and if you want to keep your computer in top condition all the time then there are a few steps you need to take.
The first thing you need to do is to find out the reason why your laptop is overheating so that you can be able to correct it as soon as possible.
- Most of the time laptop overheating is caused by poor airflow and that’s the main cause of why your laptop’s battery will start to die.
- One of the main things that you need to check is the fans inside your laptop. Most of the time they’ll be spinning around the clock and they’ll be working very hard to get rid of all of the dust and other particles inside the computer.
- So, if you want to fix the problem then you should be checking on these to make sure that they are working properly.
- If you find out that these are not working properly then you should change them or replace them completely.
- Heat can also cause the fans to work harder. This is where your CPU and graphics card need to work a little harder.
- You should be able to tell when your laptop has overheated because the fans will be working a little harder than normal and this is often when your screen begins to get red and blurry.
- If you notice that this is happening on your screen then you should take your laptop to a repair shop and let them take care of it for you.
Finding and Fixing Laptop Overheating Problems
With so many different types of laptops on the market today it is very easy for laptop overheating to happen. A common sign that you may have an overheating laptop is if your computer starts to run slow or with errors. It is possible to fix overheating problems with a few simple steps, you just need to know where to start. Here are the most important things you should do when trying to find a laptop overheating fix.
One of the first things you can do is check and clean fans.
- This is probably one of the first things you do after purchasing your laptop, and in fact it should be one of the first things you do once you turn it on.
- There is nothing worse than having your laptop running hot in the middle of a presentation only to find out that the heat has gotten so bad that your notebook overheats.
- So one of the best things you can do is make sure your fans are properly installed and properly maintained.
- This doesn’t mean that you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get them professionally installed, but it will mean you don’t have to worry about a hot laptop all day long.
- If you do decide to go with professional installation make sure that your service provider also comes with a few tips and tricks that can help you find and fix overheating problems as well.
Another thing you can do to avoid overheating is to make sure that your laptop isn’t sitting near other electronics that can produce heat as well.
Your laptop should never be next to anything that is heating up due to a malfunction or overheating issues.
Many laptops are known to overheat because of other electronics in proximity. If your laptop overheats and you don’t notice any problems, then you may want to consider placing the laptop somewhere that is not in direct contact with electronics.
This is definitely something that you will have to think about when searching for the right solution.
How to Prevent Laptop Overheating
Laptop overheating is one of the most common problems that computer users face these days.
There are many possible causes for overheating, but a simple and quick solution is to apply thermal grease on the heat sink of your laptop.
Heat sinks are essential components of the heat dissipation system of a laptop, as they carry heat away from the components to prevent overheating.
But when heat sinks get too hot, it causes the computer components to get overheated as well.
To avoid this problem, a simple solution is to apply thermal grease on the heat sink, thus preventing the heat sink from getting overheated. This will also help in maintaining the cooling efficiency of the laptop.
A good place to start when you want to apply thermal grease on your laptop is the bottom area, as this is the area where the heat dissipates quickly.
- First, make sure that all the screws on the bottom of the laptop are properly tightened, so that you won’t accidentally over tighten the screws, thereby causing your laptop overheating.
- Place some thermal grease on the screws first and then lubricate the screws using silicone spray or silicon oil. You can also use a screw driver in order to remove the screws from the bottom of the laptop.
- Next, put a small amount of thermal grease on the screws and then insert a small amount of silicone spray or silicone oil onto the screws.
- Apply the silicon spray or silicone oil on the screws very gently, and allow the heat to do the work for you.
- Once you feel that the screws are completely covered with heat, then you can remove the screws.
- Now, go back to the bottom area and apply another thin layer of thermal grease on the heat sink, keeping the heat source on the motherboard.
- Apply this second layer with your hands, just like you did with the first layer. If necessary, you can remove the heat sink from the laptop and use it for the second layer.
This method works by keeping the heat source on the motherboard. While the second layer heats up, ensure that all the wires on the motherboard are well connected.
If you find any loose wires, replace them with new ones. You can also try and find a way to remove the heat sink by applying heat on it using a hair dryer, if it is available.
Is There Air Flow Space In My Laptop?
Laptop overheating provides little air flow, which can be a huge problem when using a laptop for extended periods of time. A small amount of heat in the body of the notebook will not harm the notebook itself but a heat build up in the body will cause problems and could damage the notebook.
There are many reasons that laptop overheating could occur.
- You could have poor ventilation if you are using your laptop in an enclosed area, or you could have an overzealous airflow fan on the back which is causing more heat to build up in the notebook.
- If you have a large case notebook with several fans working then you may find that the cooling fan needs to work harder to cool down the body of the notebook. In most cases you will have to look out for other areas of the laptop where it can get ventilated.
- For example, if there is a hot spot where the notebook gets extremely hot then this should be cleaned out before the next use so it does not become a problem again.
- If you have any vents close to the back of your notebook then you will have to ensure that you check these before using it for any length of time.
- The back of the notebook can sometimes get very hot if it is used for long periods and you will need to ensure that the back is not overheating.
- There are some ways to do this but one of the easiest ways is to buy a new back of the notebook.
- When you are looking at different models of notebooks you will find that there is a range of different sizes so check that these are all the same size.
- This can ensure that there are no gaps which can cause problems in the air flow and can cause overheating in the laptop.
It is also worth taking a look around the underside of the notebook to make sure that there are no problems too, particularly if the notebook is not going to be in use.
What Is Laptop Cooling?
If you have ever been frustrated because your computer is too hot, you need to look into the use of a software program such as laptop cooling by installing software called speedfan onto your PC. This is a great program that will make sure that your laptop stays comfortable, even when the heat from your laptop’s fans is at its highest.
The best way to perform laptop cooling is to install software such as speedfan onto your laptop.
This can be done by using the Internet and logging on to any number of websites that offer this kind of software for free.
The great thing about it is that this type of software does not have to be installed on your laptop.
You only need to be able to access the Internet to be able to run speedfan.
After you have entered the appropriate information into speedfan and then clicked the ‘install’ button, you will see that the program will begin to run, and you will notice that the fans on your laptop will start to work just like they are supposed to.
Once the program has run, you will be able to get back into your chair or bed and feel a cool temperature that can help you get through the long hours of work that you have to do. It is important that when you are using laptop cooling, that you make sure that you use it in the right places.
For example, if you are using it inside your laptop, and then you turn on your fan in the middle of the room and then leave it running, you will find that the cooling effect of the laptop cooling software may not be quite as strong as it is if you leave the fan running in another area where it may not be so noticeable.
Laptop Cooling by Not Running Too Many Programs
- The most obvious and important way to cool down a laptop is to turn it off. You might be in the habit of surfing the net, reading text messages, browsing online or just using your laptop as though you are on the road.
- These are activities that use a lot of power and heat to the extent that they can cause overheating. If your laptop is running these kinds of tasks and you notice that they are becoming less efficient, then you may need to upgrade to a more powerful model or find a new laptop that will run cooler.
- The other option for laptop cooling is to make sure that there is no unnecessary overheating. A simple cooling pad is all you really need to do to cool down your laptop.
- You simply lay the pad on top of your laptop and make sure that it stays in place. If you find that the cooling pad is not sufficient for your laptop’s needs, you can always purchase a separate cooling pad or take the laptop outside and lay it down in a shady area.
- Cooling your laptop isn’t a difficult task and once you have figured out what works for your particular machine, then you are ready to go.
- Don’t forget that your laptop can get hot because of the heat that is produced by your operating system and other programs.
- You can reduce the heat by avoiding overheating your system. It’s also important to turn off unused programs and don’t use them unless you are going to be using them.