How to Check Your Crane GPL 474 to Ensure That It is In Working Order
Well, I have just discovered that my Crane GPL 474 Selection Panel is not working properly.
I cannot get it to work at all and it keeps showing error messages.
So in this article, I am going to show you how to check your selection panel to see if it is in fact broken or not.
Here is a simple step by step with pictures on how to diagnose the problem.
I?went to my location and found out that when you are pressing the keypad on the machine it does not respond and it does not work.
There was price display light on the vending machine, when you insert coins and when you press the coin return it gives you the change.
The problem was there was no response on the keypad no matter what you press.
How do I know the problem is the keypad?
- Check to see if there is display light on the vending machine
- Check to see if you insert coins the display shows the amount
- Press coin return if it gives the change correctly
- Open the door of the vending machine
- Check the coin mechanism if there are lights and working
- Power down
- Disconnect the cable from the keypad to the small board
- Power On
- Press the diagnostic keypad inside the vending machine, if this works then you will be very happy because the mainboard and the secondary diagnostics keypad is still working, SO
- the problem must remain to ( 2 ) things: either the keypad outside the machine or the small board connecting to the keypad
- Remove the whole keypad and bring it to your local vendor parts
- Swap out the keypad membrane and visit your location again
- Spend around 5 minutes to install back to the vending machine and it should work!
- I only spent $35 for everything!
Note: If there are electrical problems it would be best to solve it on your own and do not call your local vending machine technician.
Calling your vending machine technician will rip you off so much money and it will take a few weeks a couple of months just to cover the expenses.
Here in Vancouver, BC the costs will be :
Technician Visit $125
Technician Parts ( Surely he will overcharge you in the tune of hundreds, I fugure $85 will be the normal charge for parts without you knowing the true cost of a keypad membrane )
Technician Return to Location $125
Your time to change the locks on vending machine so technician has the key to open the vending machine $? ( gasoline to go there, interruption on your routine )
I saved around $125 + $125 + $85 less $35!!!
The keypad is taken out of the vending machine
that is the location of the keypad connecting to the board
you have to remove the screws and all that to successfully remove the keypad
keypad took off from the board
top view of the keypad
the backside of the keypad
Replacement keypad membrane
For all electrical repairs, it is best to do everything by yourself to save money.