- 1 I have a Seaga Combo vending machine which was recently transferred to a new location with a lot of 24/7 customers using the facilities.
- 2 Solutions:
- 3 How To Open Vending Machine With Broken T Handle Lock
- 3.1 As you can see the above picture, the T Handle which i pulled just came out and the metal rod got stuck inside the Seaga Combo Vending Machine, see picture below:
- 3.2 As you can see the picture above part of the assembly got stuck inside the Seaga Combo vending machine and I was thinking on how to open the lower potion of the pop door???
- 3.3 Put back the T handle Lock Assembly after servicing the vending machine! and thats it! And just plug back the Other Part of the T Handle Lock
- 3.4 Put this back to the vending machine after servicing
I have a Seaga Combo vending machine which was recently transferred to a new location with a lot of 24/7 customers using the facilities.
Everything was working great and it happens that when I was servicing it 2 weeks ago, I cannot seem to open the bottom section of the Seaga Combo vending machine
When I open it the whole T Handle Lock just gets pulled out and a big steel shaft rod was left in between the door the frame of the vending machine which was impossible to open.
The only solution I can think of is to bring a large CrowBar, Hammer and Drill so that I can destroy it and buy another T Handle Lock set.
I did not fix the problem immediately because prior to the broken T Handle Lock, I filled the bottom Pop section of the Seaga Combo vending machine full of Pepsi, Nestea, Coke and Gingerale.
Since this is a new location, I was thinking that it is still slow and needs about 2 to 3 months to get the momentum when everyone knows that there are vending machines that are exisiting on the lounge and tiny lunch room.
Last Week was in a lot of stress thinking because I have 2 problems:
1. Lost the key to open a large circular padlock for a snack machine
2. How to open the Seaga Combo Vending machine with a broken T Handle Lock
Both locations was in Downtown Vancouver where most of my income generates, it makes sense since even when there is Pandemic it is always Downtown that will always have lots of people at any given time and day.
How to quickly open a vending machine without a key on a circular heavy duty lock
Bill of Materials: Dremel, Hammer, Big Screw Driver, Safety Googles.
- While using the dremel be sure to wear safety googles when grinding
- Gently use the dremer steel adaptor cutter to slowly grind the side the exposed steel rod exposed on the protective jacket
- Once the grinder cut about 3/4 of the circular key, use Hammer to bang it hard for the lock to loosen up
- It process just took me around 10 minutes of concentration
Warning : If you do not have experience in using a dremel and waering safety googles then you might have a chance in accidentally cut your finger and flying debris of metal getting into your eyes or debris hitting your face.
When im using the Dremel i set the RPM at 10,000
Down below are the pictures I took:
How To Open Vending Machine With Broken T Handle Lock
Bill of Materials: Power Screwdriver
When I was trying to open the Seaga Combo Vending Machine the whole T Handle just pulled out and I cannot seem to open the Seaga Combo Machine.
As you can see the above picture, the T Handle which i pulled just came out and the metal rod got stuck inside the Seaga Combo Vending Machine, see picture below:
As you can see the picture above part of the assembly got stuck inside the Seaga Combo vending machine and I was thinking on how to open the lower potion of the pop door???
- What you can do with this type of T Handle Lock is to remove the 2 Screws which is located on the Top and Bottom of the T Handle Lock.
- Use a power Screwdriver to remove it quickly
- And Simply Turn Counter Clockwise to remove the whole T Handle Lock Assembly
- Now the door is unlocked! and just do the refill service on the POP
- When you are done with the service of refilling the POP
- Simply Turn Clockwise to put back the T Handle Lock Assembly
- Put back the T Handle Portion and Lock the Lower Portion
- The T Handle Lock will still be secured even with a broken T Handle Lock Assembly
- Just follow the instructions above when servicing the Seaga Combo Vending Machine
See the pictures below:
The Door of the vending machine can now be opened and close, just by following the instructions above.
You would have saved : $125 callout technician and $85 New T Handle Lock Assembly which you do not need.
I only collect around $25 to $30 when visiting this location every week, so it is not worth calling a technician and spending a new T Handle Lock.
Put back the T handle Lock Assembly after servicing the vending machine! and thats it! And just plug back the Other Part of the T Handle Lock
Put this back to the vending machine after servicing
Note : Do not forget to put back the 2 screws so that the handle cannot be turned
How to increase the lifespan of vending machine compressor for free? The simplest way if to adjust your thermostat settings from 4 degrees C and change it to 12 degrees C. The compressor will...
Summertime Crime Increase On Vandalism and Theft In this summer, the summertime in United States, Canada and pretty much in Northern Hemisphere has experienced a significant increase in petty...