Our favorite no-bake cheesecake recipe requires just minutes of prep and just a handful of simple ingredients!
A rich and decadent cheesecake filling is tucked into a buttery graham cracker crust and refrigerated. It’s super creamy, sweet & tangy.
A perfect go-to dessert for any occasion or holiday. No oven is required!
Why I Love This No-Bake Cheesecake
A rich dense baked cheesecake with blueberry sauce is my absolute favorite dessert but I’ll happily eat any form of cheesecake. I do love the simplicity of a no-bake dessert like this one.
- This easy no bake cheesecake recipe is rich and decadent.
- It has all of the flavors of a classic cheesecake recipe with no baking, no water bath, and no worries about cracking!
- I love it in a homemade graham cracker crust (also no bake!) but a store-bought crust can be used.
- Prep ahead for holidays and parties since it needs to be chilled for at least 4 hours or overnight!
- It can be prepared and frozen. Once thawed it tastes just as good as the day it was made.
Cream Cheese Filling – I find full fat Philadelphia cream cheese sets up the best for a rich creamy texture. Depending on the brand, light or low-fat versions don’t seem to set as well.
Heavy whipping cream is decadent and rich and when folded into the cream cheese, it creates the perfect consistency. I prefer heavy whipping cream but in a pinch, cool whip or whipped topping can be used. A splash of vanilla extract and some powdered sugar add sweetness and flavor (but you can add other extracts if you’d like).
Graham Cracker Crust – A graham cracker crust is easy to make. With just 3 ingredients, no baking is required.
Worth the Effort!
Making a homemade crust is worth the effort. It takes less than 5 minutes and it’s thicker than a store-bought crust and holds up better. I find store-bought crusts can be too thin and crack when served.
You can swap out the graham crackers for another cookie in the crust if you’d like.
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake
No-bake cheesecake is crazy easy to make in just a few simple steps!
- Prep Crust: The ingredients together and press them into a pie plate or springform pan per the recipe below.
- Prepare Cheesecake Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Fill & Chill: Make whipped cream and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling in graham cracker crust, cover. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Scrape the seeds out of a fresh vanilla bean and add to the cream cheese mixture for a French Vanilla style look.
No-bake cheesecake is a cinch to make, but a few tips will ensure a perfect result every time!
- Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing.
- The heavy whipping cream should be very cold for the best results. Whipping the cream until stiff peaks form ensures that the cheesecake will set properly.
- When combining the cream cheese and the whipped cream, over folding.
- Do not use low-fat dairy in this recipe.
- We add vanilla extract. Other extracts or a tablespoon or so of lemon juice can be added.
More Cheesecake Favorites
Did you love this No-Bake Cheesecake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Creamy and decadent, this no-bake cheesecake is a classic dessert everyone loves!
Combine melted butter, graham crumbs, and sugar in a bowl with a fork until well combined.
Press into the bottom and 1 ½ inch up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate or an 8-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream on low until for 1 minute. Add cornstarch and turn mixer onto high and beat an additional 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Spread the cheesecake filling into prepared crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
Cream Cheese: Low-fat or reduced-fat cream cheese may not set up as well.
Graham Crust: I purchase graham crumbs at the store. To make your own, add 21 graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until it forms crumbs.
To Serve: If the crust sticks to the pan, dip the bottom of the pan in hot water for a few seconds. The hot water will melt the butter on the edges of the crust and it will release easily.
Freezing: This cheesecake can be prepared ahead of time and frozen (it’s just as good thawed as the day it is made!). Place the pan in the freezer and once frozen, wrap tightly in plastic wrap to seal completely. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 464 | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 1199IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Cheesecake adapted from Strawberry Cheesecake Pie (No Bake)