If your a vending machine operator and have at least 50 to 70 locations. According to statistics there will be around 2 or 3 accounts that have perennial problems on people trying to get free stuff from you.
These people don’t understand that the operator has to wake up early morning and work just like regular guys at least 5 to 6 times a week and sometimes have lease on the equipment or got a huge loan from 3rd party payable in 5 years.
This is a constant dilemma for all vendors in praying that the location will always be happy and avoiding problems at all costs, always having a rapport and keep up with the manager or owner of the business and people who tries to hack the vending machine to get free stuff.
Ways in trying to get free stuff :
- Clothes Hanger
- Wooded thin stick inserted into small crevices to shake coils
- Shaking the machine
- Worst Scenario is breaking the glass ( believe it or not it happened to me 2X ! a person used a hammer to break the glass ), solution is to change it into a unbreakable Plexiglass
Ways to avoid future theft in your high traffic vending machine would be to install a Cheap Dome Camera inside or outside the vending machine, most of the locations are willing to give you wifi access for you to install the Dome Camera.
- if you want to catch the person on tape and for the record
this would be a viable investment for a peace of mind and catching the person and send pictures to the local police detachment.
2. install a high security cover hasp for vending machine with T Handles and attach a PUCK LOCK, i had 5 or 6 of my vending machines frequently break ins in public places and once i got this installed there are no more incidents.
3. install heavy duty puck locks on your combo vending machines and or any machines that is exposed to the public e.g. schools, hotels, apartments, warehouses etc.