I remember when i was doing my vending business during the early days, i make sure that all my vending keys and collections for the day is secured when i get home.
It was a standard procedure for me and i even have a small bag that contains all the vending keys. I was very careful during the early days and even have the cash locked up inside the van when going from one place to another.
- 0.0.1 I have a security safe inside my van and its is very hard to break in.
- 0.0.2 My driver’s side glass window was smashed and all my vending keys, collections for a couple of days, chocolates, old English cookies, Dan d pak peanuts boxes were also gone missing! Just because i was too complacent not securing my things and leave everything in my work van.
- 0.0.3 How many locks shall i destroy to replace the locks on the vending machine?
- 0.0.4 I have set aside everything that i have been doing regularly. I set aside my part-time online training course that i was extremely engrossed and got everything out of momentum.
- 0.0.5 In short my vending machine business is in turmoil. There are locations that i just did not service anymore before i left Philippines for a break.
- 1 Preventive Measures After Work
- 2 For added security measures on your vending work van.
- 2.0.1 Living dangerously in the Philippines
- 2.0.2 Vending Machine Business in Philippines is not lucrative. I noticed that even if there are hundreds of driver’s in the waiting room which can readily access a coke glass front vending machine is not doing good.
- 2.0.3 If you know how to maintain your vending machines then the priority is also maintaining yourself in peak shape for performance.
- 2.0.4 Related posts:
I have a security safe inside my van and its is very hard to break in.
As time goes by and very confident in my business thinking that here in Canada everything is very safe and secure. I just have to lock the van each time to hop on to another location and it was very worry free for me.
I soon upgraded my van to a slightly new model so that it will not keep on breaking down and problems with downtime on my visits.
I woke up on a day getting ready for work sometime on the second week of December were i was planning to leave Vancouver, BC for a short break.
This happened just beside the street were i usually park at my townhouse. Leaving all things inside my van has been going on forever and was thinking that my place is secure but it is definitely not!
Before i went for a break in the Philippines i asked around people here in Vancouver, BC what are their personal experiences on car break ins.
- USB phone connector in jack
- empty bottles and plastic for recycle
- shoulder bag
- power bank
- gift wrapped item
- couple of loonies on car dash
I was very astounded and surprised that i made a list of points that will make you think twice when leaving your car.
I was not able to update my blog on the vending business for quite a while. The reason behind this is that i was in panic mode. It is the time that i needed to do the following things before i leave for a short break.
I wanted to make a short visit to Philippines since it is were i grew up and i somehow miss my buddies and family. You cannot go wrong with the people that you grew up with you, it is 100% transparent even thou there are some disagreements. Friends and family without any pretensions and real were my heart is most comfortable.
My time is very cramped because i have to wait for Ford dealer to have it arrived for a special order on my driver side glass since my van is still not mainstream.
How many locks shall i destroy to replace the locks on the vending machine?
The time that destroying the lock on the vending machines takes about it least 15 to 20 minutes which includes the replacement of a new lock.? There are stubborn locks that took me up to close an hour to destroy.
Imagine instead of visiting 10 locations, i was doing only 5 to 6 and not getting collections to pay my bills because of downtime.? A meager $60 to $100 collection per collection slows down.
There are some vending machines that i have installed a high security lock and i have to use up to 2-3 drill bits just to successfully destroy a lock. What i did was not to service the vending machines with high security locks and ordered duplicates from the manufacturer and have to wait for a week to arrive.
In case, you wanted to change your regular locks to this high tech high security lock then here is the company information.
Van lock Vanamatic High Security Locks is by far the best locks for your vending machine.
I have set aside everything that i have been doing regularly. I set aside my part-time online training course that i was extremely engrossed and got everything out of momentum.
I have stopped all other things and have to work 7 days a week rain or shine just to destroy locks and change them. Some locations that have high security access cards were also stolen and i cannot go to those locations and service my machines. I have to choose a day were the manager is around for me to get a spare key again.
In short my vending machine business is in turmoil. There are locations that i just did not service anymore before i left Philippines for a break.
Sometimes maybe this is a blessing is disguise that vending operators must be also on the lookout and very cautious. I had some vending professional which i regularly talked too. And he told me his work van was robbed 3 times. Twice in front of his townhouse and another time in the parking lot of Costco.
I strongly suggest doing the following precautionary measures after working even thou it takes a little of your time just to make sure that everything pans out and never happens again.
Preventive Measures After Work
- Leave nothing near the dashboard, not even a couple of loonies
- Do not leave any form of GPS device
- Do not leave your USB phone charger inside your vehicle
- Remove all products from the front till the mid section of your work van
- Open the glove compartment so that thief will see nothing when flashing lights by
- Also, opens the middle compartment between the driver and passenger seat if any so that thief can see that nothing is left inside not even a single dime
- Remove all kinds of shiny objects
For added security measures on your vending work van.
- Always bring the cash with you per location strapped beside your body no matter how small or big the collections
- Install 2 Way car alarm with shock sensor
- Install DVR Car Dash Cam
- Security Clear 8mil tint for all the side windows ( if robber tried to hit glass again then glass will not break and security tint will hold the glass and will trigger the car alarm )
- Even if your collection is minuscule, always bring the coins to the bank coin counter after doing your rounds.
There was even a story that a regular customer goes to Costco to buy a whole load of cigarettes for his convenience store and was followed to Safeway for a quick drink of soup. When he returned his work van and window was smashed and all cigarettes missing.
Did i mention earlier that a jacket left inside the car was stolen with glass smashed ?
Living dangerously in the Philippines
I guess we are not living in dangerous times were people are held at gunpoint or stab while waiting for a public ride. This is very common in the Philippines were regular folks get robbed when riding inside a jeepney. The robber pulls out a gun and announcing a hold up and everyone surrenders watches, phones, wallets and bags.
Taxi drivers in the Philippines have a dangerous livelihood too were they are constantly robbed at gunpoint or shot. It’s the powerful and rich that is left untouched by petty crimes.
Needless to say for me there is absolutely more fun in the Philippines than anywhere during the Christmas season.
There are christmas carolling
which i always go every xmas if given the opportunity to my friend’s house which he gives charity to the poor and needy.? Even a small token from your heart can make the world a big difference.
Vending Machine Business in Philippines is not lucrative. I noticed that even if there are hundreds of driver’s in the waiting room which can readily access a coke glass front vending machine is not doing good.
Lots of vending machines in the Philippines are out of order from people trying to break in. I have yet to see when the vending machine business will take off here in my hometown.
December is good time to have a short trip since business is slow here in Vancouver, BC. Make sure that you go to a place that is warm. I guess anywhere in Asia is a good choice.
I also need to regularly travel to Philippines because it is the only time that i also go for dental repairs and checkups. Medical blood test, CT scans, x rays, stress tests and bone chiropractic adjustments needed to run this vending machine business.
If you know how to maintain your vending machines then the priority is also maintaining yourself in peak shape for performance.
I guess im back on track to my usual musings.
Being in business for many years has awarded us time to develop associations and set up business practices that actually work. The most important area of savings begins with our purchasing....
Purchasing a?vending machine?can be a stressful and costly ordeal and when doing so you must consider the potential for injure or defects over the life of your machine. That?s where a warranty comes...